If you have been diagnosed with depression and have tried numerous treatments and therapies and do not seem to improve, you should consider TMS Glendale. Depression can make you not progress in life because you constantly feel sad.
Patients suffering from the condition fail to appreciate life and maintain relationships. In most cases, the sadness overwhelms the patients, and they lose interest and hope in life.
To avoid instances where depression drains your life, seek psychological interventions. Here we will evaluate the Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation effectiveness in curing depression.
What is Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation?
Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation is an innovation in the medical field that uses magnetic impulses to improve brain activity. The therapy stimulates parts of the brain that have been impaired by neurological and mental health disorders such as depression. When used to treat depression, the magnetic impulses target the cortex area of your brain. The impulses activate the nerves in the area.
What to Expect During The Treatment
After visiting your psychologist and he ascertains that you have not been responding to antidepressant drugs, they will recommend the Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation treatment. The treatment involves the following steps;
- The technician will provide you with earplugs to keep off the clicking sounds of magnetic impulses.
- You will be directed to sit in a comfortable chair.
- The technician measures the head to determine the suitable positioning for the magnetic coil.
- The technician will then place the coil above the front area of your brain and start the treatment.
- Expect to hear clicking sounds and tapping sensation beneath the coil as magnetic impulses are transmitted during the treatment.
- The technician will stop the treatment at the end of the scheduled duration, which is normally an hour or below.
- You will be advised on when your next treatment will be, and you will go home.
- Depending on the psychologist’s review, you will undergo the treatment five days a week for six weeks.
Is Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation safe?
The Food and Drug Administration approved the treatment, and therefore it is safe for patients with persistent depression. However, you might experience mild headaches, lightheadedness, scalp pain, tingling, facial twitching, and sleepiness after the treatment. But some of these side effects go away as you continue with the treatment.
Who Does Not Qualify for The Treatment
Though the treatment is effective for depression patients, certain factors can cause you not to qualify for it. People deterred from taking the treatment have the following either in their head or neck region;
- Deep brains stimulators
- Neck and brain stents
- Shrapnel or bullet pieces
- Tattoos made from metallic ink
- Metal plates
- Cochlear implants
- Permanent piercings
Did you know that the Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation treatment has a sixty-four percent success rate? The 2nd Chance Treatment Center gives hope to those who have struggled with depression over the years despite being on medication.
The innovative treatment is highly effective even for stubborn depression. If you want this cutting-edge treatment, you can visit the facility by calling or requesting an online appointment.